Nights at the museum
Virtual exhibitions for the German National Library
The German National Library (DNB) has set new standards in presentation of museum content with three online exhibitions: Arts in exile, 100 Years First World War and Characters - Books - Networks: From cuneiform to binary code. These full-service projects have proven that exhibits never shown publically, or those only displayed locally, can be combined with existing collections to create new forms of exhibition.
- Modular flexibility: a specially customized portal structure using Government Site Builder (GSB) ensured that the system environment can be used for future online exhibitions
- Tablet first: a full-screen responsive design shows exhibitions and exhibits in mobile user contexts
- Links created between curated objects, different art forms, materials and media types
- Integration of large-scale images and media, extensive glossary, explanations of terms in context, interactive timelines and visitor books
- Hosting at ]init[‘s BSI-certified data center for maximum data security and accessibility