Microscope on the green economy
Drupal portal for the BMBF
Rubber car tires made out of dandelions? Kids’ toys out of eco-friendly plastic? Bicycles made from locally sourced wood? There are so many ideas for green businesses and the sustainable use of biological resources. Peek behind the scenes of the green economy on the information platform www.biooekonomie.de.
The website, by the Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF), provides detailed background information on the eco-friendly economy in Germany to the scientific and business communities as well as for interested members of the public. Conceived, developed and taken online on behalf of BIOCOM AG.
Project milestone in March 2017 in Hamburg: At the 2017 Splash Awards, the complex project impressed the jury and was named as the best Drupal-based government website. www.biooekonomie.de pays not only the leading provider of content on the topic of eco-friendly business, but the quality of the development is also impressive to the Drupal community.
- An accessible, intuitive entry to the range of topics, thanks to a user-focused UX design and responsive screen design.
- SEO and Google News content optimization increases numbers of visitors and generates significantly higher rates of newsletter subscriptions.
- Attractive organization of the diverse focuses with different news and story formats, multimedia modules and dynamic project maps with geo-coded content.
- Funding database interfaces with 2,147 projects and 748 research facilities from the eco-economic sector, connecting science, research and industry.
- Technical implementation with open source Drupal CMS, offering editors more flexibility in creating and maintaining content.
- Secure and climate-neutral operation from the BSI-certified ]init[ data center.