Thinking one step ahead
Relaunch of the Abu Dhabi eGovernment Gateway
The Abu Dhabi eGovernment Gateway is one of the most impressive government portals in the world. What we have implemented for our client, the Abu Dhabi Systems & Information Centre (ADSIC), is a portal that has structured over 1,250 government services according to 12 topics and scenarios. 50 additional online services have been seamlessly linked up via the back end systems of Abu Dhabi government departments. The Abu Dhabi Police Department takes payment of administrative fines and declarations relating to licenses on this one-stop SOA platform.
]init[‘s branch in Abu Dhabi coordinated this full service relaunch with an international project team across three locations and three time zones, and with more than 50 team members. The result is convincing: the number of visitors to the new Abu Dhabi eGovernment Portal increased by 41% in 2014.
Advantages for the client
- All online services for citizens and business people are easily and intuitively discoverable, and brought together under the one roof.
- A consistent look and feel on all pages in a modern, flat design with great visual elements and plenty of space for the content.
- Fully electronic exchange between the Government and users via the access point ‘My AbuDhabi’ with a central single-sign-on system and payment component.
- Service-oriented architecture (SOA) based on the SOA middleware product suite by Oracle, which fulfills the technical prerequisites for real one-stop government.
- An update and homogenization of the existing Oracle software stack for higher availability and multiple redundant designed systems.
- Strategic content infrastructure and thought-through content lifecycle management by switching to Oracle WebCenter content.
- Support for the Abu Dhabi editorial office by conducting training and coaching for seamless onboarding regarding the daily editorial work in the new system.