A big step for the online communication of the German Aerospace Center (DLR), which was preceded by an even bigger challenge for us.
Proof of Concept
Our GSB developers already started planning software integration and templating when the CMS technology was still in its beta phase. Accordingly, the consulting of the client on the feasibility of concepts and click dummies in the GSB environment was intensive. As proof of concept for the introduction of the technology, we extensively examined both technical details and processes for later operation.
Flexible and usability-friendly
With its central website, DLR operates a complex range of information with over 6,000 articles, 8,000 media elements and around 550 thematic sub-pages. In order to provide targeted access to the diverse user groups, we implemented modules for different forms of presentation and depth of information.
Within this CMS toolbox, administrators and editors can independently create and design topic pages within the limits of a given design and quality framework. The completely new information architecture now enables users to access the desired information much faster. The search for content has been greatly optimized with the help of a thesaurus and automatic keywording of approx. 60,000 documents.
Future-proof CMS framework
With the decision for GSB 10, DLR brings the platform up to the latest state of technology and data security. In addition, DLR's editors will benefit from the ease of use of the editing interface. The need for DLR-specific and individually designed modules was solved by in-house developments.
DevOps operation preparation
In order to ensure secure and high-performance hosting in DLR's data center, our DevOps engineers worked very closely with DLR's operations managers during software development. The coordinated technical approach and the active mutual transfer of know-how paid off: From infrastructure planning to the embedding of deployment processes into DLR's operational procedures, all project solutions could be put into operation.
- Classic project management with agile elements based on V-Modell XT
- Technical consulting and feasibility studies
- Technical implementation based on GSB 10
- Development of additional functions, DLR-specific document types, modules and templates
- Integration of the Solr search framework for an exceptionally powerful and high-performance search function
- Technical solution concept for the integration of automatic keywording
- Editorial support and data migration from the legacy system.
- Implementation in the client's computer center